1925: THE VIQUESNEY BUILDING
With the fantastic success of his "Imp-O-Luck", Viquesney financed the construction of a business building in downtown Spencer, Indiana, and later, in 1928, the Tivoli Theatre. The Viquesney Block, as the building was called, was also referred to as "The Imp-O-Luck Building" because of an eleven-foot electrified statue of the "Imp" on the roof.
Viquesney maintained his art studio in this building and rented out ground-floor space to other businesses. The second floor originally contained offices and shipping rooms for Viquesney's Imp-O-Luck Company. Later the second floor was converted to rental apartments. At right is an interior shot of an apartment in the Viquesney Building. It was provided to us by Stan Griffith of Ellettsville, Indiana, whose parents once lived in it.
Viquesney eventually sold the "Block" building and in 1939 moved his studio his residence on Fletcher Ave. It was probably after that when the second floor was converted to apartments.